Bishop Hogan School is implementing their hot lunch program in accordance with Federal and State guidelines and the Wellness Program. Menus are made to fit the nutritional regulations. Parents are encouraged to have lunch with their child. We ask that you call before 9:00 a.m. if you plan to eat so we can add you to the lunch count. Parents are asked not to bring fast food items for their lunch. Students may bring bottled water in the cafeteria and in the classrooms.
School Lunch Menus
Students will be issued a prepaid lunch card that may be paid weekly or monthly. The cost of School lunch is $2.05 and $2.70 for adults. The cost of milk is $ 0.30 if your child brings their lunch. Please pay at the school office.
Application for Free / Reduced Lunches / (Addn’l page to application) will be sent home at the beginning of the school year. These applications are available throughout the school year if your financial situation changes. If bringing a sack lunch from home, please make sure the office is advised so you will not be charged.
Students may not bring soda in their lunches with the exception of Field Trips.
PLEASE KEEP CURRENT ON YOUR LUNCH MONEY!
A la cart Items:
- Frozen Fruit Bars $ .50
- Muffins $ .50
- Cookies $ .50
We now have Juice Bar Cards available. Ms. Belinda sells Juice Bars after lunch for $.50 to the children. We have made a Juice Bar card that parents may purchase. 5 hole punch card is $2.50. 10 hole punch card is $5.00. This money needs to be sent separate from lunch money. If you write a check, it will need to be made out to Cafeteria Fund.
WELLNESS PLAN – Here are the Federal guidelines we follow:
- Fresh fruit and vegetables are served at least 2x a week.
- 3/4 c-1 cup of vegetables and 1 c fruit are served daily
- The majority of offerings are whole-grain
- 1 cup of milk, low-fat or skim are offered daily
- 2 or more oz of meat or meat alternative is offered daily.
- The calorie range must be between 600-700 calories with saturated fat being less than 10% of total calories. (Bishop Hogan students are allowed to come back for a second helping if they are still hungry.)
Lunch for Friday, Sept. 20 has changed due to the new kitchen oven being installed.
Cold Cheese sandwich, chips, fresh veggies, fruit and milk.
Menu is subject to change daily!
This institution is an equal opportunity provider.